POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compile problem on Solaris 9 (FIX INCLUDED) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Compile problem on Solaris 9 (FIX INCLUDED) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: richard berlin
Subject: Compile problem on Solaris 9 (FIX INCLUDED)
Date: 30 Aug 2002 17:40:03
Message: <web.3d6fe509f869d21c7d693b520@news.povray.org>
I haven't found a bug reporting mechanism, so I hope that the
person who maintains the unix version checks this list now and then.

On Solaris 9 with the compiler in /opt/SUNWspro (i.e NOT GCC)
I get a mismatch between the prototypes in config.h and the
actual functions in unix.cpp

The functions in question are

UNIX_Allow_File_Read()
UNIX_Allow_File_Write()

and the problem is that the version in config.h has a "const" that
the actual function definition is missing.  This means the names
mangle differently, and results in a link error.

Post a reply to this message