POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Beta 10 available... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 10 available... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Syed Imran
Subject: Beta 10 available...
Date: 15 Jan 2002 07:20:21
Message: <3c441e85@news.povray.org>
Hi people,

	Povray linux beta 10 is available at
ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/3.5beta/povlinux.tgz.10

Happy poving,
Imran

p.s: what a coincidence that Mark started uploading just when I connected
to the ftp server :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Gordon
Subject: Re: Beta 10 available...
Date: 15 Jan 2002 07:40:22
Message: <3c442336@news.povray.org>
In article <3c441e85@news.povray.org>, "Syed Imran" <fre### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> 	Povray linux beta 10 is available at
> ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/3.5beta/povlinux.tgz.10
>
> Happy poving,
> Imran
>
> p.s: what a coincidence that Mark started uploading just when I
> connected to the ftp server :-)

No, it's not.  I copied the new one to povlinux.tgz.10, and when it was
done uploading, I removed the old one and renamed the new one to
povlinux.tgz.  That's the standard drill we use, so as to avoid messing
up downloads in progress during the upload.  Not that the old povlinux
was good for much after the expiration, but it's a habit.

-Mark Gordon

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:38:10 -0500, Mark Gordon wrote:

>No, it's not.  I copied the new one to povlinux.tgz.10, and when it was
>done uploading, I removed the old one and renamed the new one to
>povlinux.tgz.  That's the standard drill we use, so as to avoid messing
>up downloads in progress during the upload.  Not that the old povlinux
>was good for much after the expiration, but it's a habit.

Thanks Mark, downloading it now.

Just to make it really simple for people:

wget ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/3.5beta/povlinux.tgz

Copy this to your command line and it will write the .tgz to your current
directory.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  6:17pm  up 99 days, 10:05,  1 user,  load average: 1.06, 1.12, 1.07

Post a reply to this message

Umm.. Apologies for not knowing the standard procedure and posting a wrong
link. But I still have my copy called povlinux.tgz.10 :-)

Imran