POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Difficulty with gd and hf-lab Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Difficulty with gd and hf-lab (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Litho Man
Subject: Difficulty with gd and hf-lab
Date: 11 Dec 2000 02:59:11
Message: <3a34894f@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to get HF-Lab installed on my RedHat 6.2 box. Initial attempts at
compile revealed that gd-1.3 wasn't providing the support for PNGs that
HF-Lab needs.
So I'm trying to install gd-1.7.3. I've tried making it from the tarball and
I've tried installing the RPM. Neither errored out, but nor does gd-1.7.3
seem to be installed on the system. RPM -V tells me not installed.

make on hf-lab still tries to get gdImagePng out of gd-1.3
There is an option to make it without current gd support... editing the
config.h file to #define OLD_GD. Of course, that removes all imaging support
from hf-lab, or I assume that is why I get a seg fault when trying the
'show' command that displays the image.

I am farily new to Linux, but pick up quick, quick enough to be dangerous,
and I hope I haven't hosed my system :)

Any experienced input?

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:59:57 -0800, Litho Man wrote:
>I'm trying to get HF-Lab installed on my RedHat 6.2 box. Initial attempts at
>compile revealed that gd-1.3 wasn't providing the support for PNGs that
>HF-Lab needs.
>So I'm trying to install gd-1.7.3. I've tried making it from the tarball and
>I've tried installing the RPM. Neither errored out, but nor does gd-1.7.3
>seem to be installed on the system. RPM -V tells me not installed.

With 1.7.3 try

# rpm --freshen gd-1.7.3.rpm

Also this might be a libpng problem rather than a gd problem.  My libpng
version is 1.0.5 (recently upgraded), and I have no problems with it.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  8:26am  up 61 days, 10:51,  3 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.08, 1.02

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to get HF-Lab installed on my RedHat 6.2 box. Initial attempts at
> compile revealed that gd-1.3 wasn't providing the support for PNGs that
> HF-Lab needs.
> So I'm trying to install gd-1.7.3. I've tried making it from the tarball and
> I've tried installing the RPM. Neither errored out, but nor does gd-1.7.3
> seem to be installed on the system. RPM -V tells me not installed.
>
> make on hf-lab still tries to get gdImagePng out of gd-1.3
> There is an option to make it without current gd support... editing the
> config.h file to #define OLD_GD. Of course, that removes all imaging support
> from hf-lab, or I assume that is why I get a seg fault when trying the
> 'show' command that displays the image.
>
> I am farily new to Linux, but pick up quick, quick enough to be dangerous,
> and I hope I haven't hosed my system :)
>
> Any experienced input?

	You have a suggestion from Steve. Does that work for you? I have it
compiled. I have not played with it much. But I find an original version
of fftn.c with a modified version. I have no memory if I changed it or
it came that way. But I can send it to you if you like.

--
If you quit smoking now you can live long enough
to get Altzheimer's.