POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New binary, I/O restrictions disabled Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:00 EDT (-0400)
  New binary, I/O restrictions disabled (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Mark Gordon
Subject: New binary, I/O restrictions disabled
Date: 7 Aug 2002 11:15:03
Message: <pan.2002.08.07.15.15.01.74180.26550@povray.org>
I uploaded a new binary this morning which disables I/O restrictions. I'll
upload the corresponding source tonight. This is a stopgap until a new
version which will have better documentation and which will install a
povray.conf that will, by default, turn I/O restrictions off.  I expect
that the official binaries will have I/O restriction disabled for quite
some time.  The one or two people who actually want it can rebuild the
binary to turn it on, and I'll get a chance to finish reading all the rude
email I've gotten.

-Mark Gordon