POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : nice? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:35:08 EDT (-0400)
  nice? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: nice?
Date: 1 Aug 2004 18:11:46
Message: <Xns9539162E42DFraf256com@203.29.75.35>
I'm using povray on linux (fedore core 2 - next version of red hat 9
basicly) and have some problems with renice.

I renice'd pov's process to 19 (with is maximum level), but still - other
programs are realy slowed down by povray (I had to gave renice -10 to them
to have them working smoothly).

I'm working in X windows.

What can cause such problems?

--