POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : how to use x-povray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  how to use x-povray? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Patrick
Subject: how to use x-povray?
Date: 21 May 2000 13:42:06
Message: <958941461.391652072@news.povray.org>
Hi,

It may seems like a stupid question, but I'm very new to Linux.

I've just installed povray and I think I know how it works,
using command line in the console.

But is it supposed to have some kind of a graphic interface (like an editor and
render button), or at least a display of the current rendering?

thanks.

Patrick

Post a reply to this message

> It may seems like a stupid question, but I'm very new to Linux.
>
> I've just installed povray and I think I know how it works,
> using command line in the console.
>
> But is it supposed to have some kind of a graphic interface (like an editor and
> render button), or at least a display of the current rendering?
>
> thanks.

It doesn't have a built in editor but if you run x-povray from within X
you should get a display of your image while rendering.  Use the +d
command line argument or put Display=true in your povray.ini file.

PoD.

Post a reply to this message