POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No "." in C_INCLUDE_PATH / CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH Server Time
16 Apr 2024 04:53:00 EDT (-0400)
  No "." in C_INCLUDE_PATH / CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: No "." in C_INCLUDE_PATH / CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
Date: 4 Jan 2018 16:39:59
Message: <5a4e9f2f$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

in our current Unix build process, it seems that we intend to strip any
appearance of the directory "." from any of C_INCLUDE_PATH and
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH.

Does anyone have any idea why we're trying to do that?

(It doesn't work properly, but that's a different story.)

Post a reply to this message

> in our current Unix build process, it seems that we intend to strip any
> appearance of the directory "." from any of C_INCLUDE_PATH and
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH.
> Does anyone have any idea why we're trying to do that?

wild guess, to stop '.' being searched before the system's include path(s)?

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

>> in our current Unix build process, it seems that we intend to strip any
>> appearance of the directory "." from any of C_INCLUDE_PATH and
>> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH.
>> Does anyone have any idea why we're trying to do that?
>
> wild guess, to stop '.' being searched before the system's include path(s)?

Hm... yeah, maybe.
Are there any records of this having ever been an issue?