POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Max-gradient warning Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:02:54 EDT (-0400)
  Max-gradient warning (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Max-gradient warning
Date: 29 Jan 2014 20:31:27
Message: <52e9ab6f$1@news.povray.org>
I may be mistaken but has the max_gradient warning disappeared from 3.7?
I ran code from :
and got no warning that the max_gradient (at 200) was too high. I then
ran it at max_gradient 20 (too low) and still no warning.
Just for comparison, I also ran under 3.6 and got warnings both times.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

Doctor John <j.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I may be mistaken but has the max_gradient warning disappeared from 3.7?
> I ran code from :
> and got no warning that the max_gradient (at 200) was too high. I then
> ran it at max_gradient 20 (too low) and still no warning.
> Just for comparison, I also ran under 3.6 and got warnings both times.
>
> John
> --
> Protect the Earth
> It was not given to you by your parents
> You hold it in trust for your children

We had this discussion some months ago, but I cannot find it actually. IIRC the
solution is to declare the isosurface and then enclose it in an object {}.

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message