POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux Server Time
16 Jun 2024 02:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux (Message 6 to 15 of 35)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Compiling PoV-Ray 3.7 under Linux
Date: 8 Nov 2011 18:02:21
Message: <4eb9b4fd$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 21:44:45 +0100, Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann wrote:

> Now I downloaded version 1.47 of the boost libaries from www.boost.org,
> unpacked it into /usr/local/ and then this:
>
> "To compile anything in Boost, you need a directory containing the
> boost/
> subdirectory in your #include path."
>
> (http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_47_0/more/getting_started/unix-
variants.html#get-boost)

> What is the #include path? Where do I find it?
>
> Why are these things so brain-shreddingly complicated?

The path used for #include in *nix is specified with the -I parameter for
the 'make' command or is specified in the Makefile.

"man make" will tell you what you need to know.

Do you often build software on Linux?  If you don't, you might want to
start with a tutorial on how to build software in general before diving
in to build POVray.

Jim

Post a reply to this message