POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Possible permission problem. Server Time
3 Jun 2024 00:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Possible permission problem. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Possible permission problem.
Date: 7 Nov 2005 22:14:57
Message: <43701831@news.povray.org>
I've got a problem where when I run as root:

povray  zini.ini,
where the zini.ini includes among other things a line of:

Output_File_Name=/home/greg/images/

It runs fine.

But when I run it as non-root, I get
"Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file."

And I have a foggy memory if it once complaining about not being able to
open output file. (just not this time as I went to type).

Of course, i've done a lot of things as root on this kanotix linux box. How
do I fix this prob?

Post a reply to this message