POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Porting povray to QNX6 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:07:47 EDT (-0400)
  Porting povray to QNX6 (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Mike Gorchak
Subject: Re: Porting povray to QNX6
Date: 18 Mar 2005 00:29:49
Message: <423a674d@news.povray.org>
Hello, Christoph!

 CH>>> That's just my personal opinion of course and anyway it does not mean
 CH>>> it won't be useful to have it as an unofficial extension.
 ??>> What's mean "an unofficial extension" ?
 CH> Any modification of POV-Ray that is not part of the official version.

How it will look in the source code tree ? There will be my photon.cpp,
similar to x11.cpp and svga.cpp, right ?

 CH> The purpose of a real time OS is to have detailed control of task run
 CH> times (and the ability to predict them).  This is rather pointless for
 CH> a program like POV-Ray since you do not even know how many CPU cycles a
 CH> render will take before actually rendering it.

You have missunderstood a bit. There is target system and host system, host
system is used for developing target system. Of course it using the same
binaries, but host system is usual POSIX compliant UNIX-like system with
it's own GUI - that's all. Usual UNIX-like OS and nothing else.

With best regards, Mike Gorchak.  E-mail: mik### [at] malvacomua