POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray on RedHat 9 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray on RedHat 9 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Oleguer Vilella
Subject: POV-Ray on RedHat 9
Date: 26 Dec 2004 05:54:46
Message: <41ce9876@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've installed POV-Ray 3.6 on Linux RedHat 9 following the instructions
given on the web page. All the instalations was right and I could see the
test render, but I have a problem, the problem is I don't know how can I
open the program. I haven't got a POV-Ray icon on the main screen and I
haven't got a icon on the menu.
How can I open de program?

Post a reply to this message

> I've installed POV-Ray 3.6 on Linux RedHat 9 following the instructions
> given on the web page. All the instalations was right and I could see the
> test render, but I have a problem, the problem is I don't know how can I
> open the program. I haven't got a POV-Ray icon on the main screen and I
> haven't got a icon on the menu.
> How can I open de program?

As suggested on the install instructions page, you are supposed to continue
reading the manual:

<http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/784/>

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

Yes, I read it yesterday when I did the installation. If I write "povray" on
the shell it gives me a long list of thinghs like parse options.
I can't read the documentation again because I don't know why I can't open
the web page.

Thanks,
Oleguer