POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POVray on Debian woody Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  POVray on Debian woody (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mark M  Wilson
Subject: POVray on Debian woody
Date: 2 Aug 2002 00:33:53
Message: <3d4a0bb1@news.povray.org>
I am currently using the povray that came with Libranet 1.9.2 (they left
it out of v 2.0 :-(  ) which is largely based on Debian woody.  I'd like
to upgrade to the new 3.5 because I think what I have now is only POV
3.0! (but that's ok, `cause I'm still a newbie and don't even know what
isosurfaces are).
My question is: should I do :
dpkg --purge povray--etc-###.deb
first, then install the new 3.5 tarball? Or would it be ok to have them
both and risk having redundancies or at worst, break something that
worked?
TIA,
Mark

Post a reply to this message

Correction: Libranet 1.9.2 is based mostly on Deb. potato -- it's
Libranet 2.0 that's based on woody.
Anyway, I was unclear because if read casually it might seem as if I'm
saying that POVray is based on Woody, which makes no sense at all. :-}
Sorry.
--Mark