POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : outfile error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:36:04 EDT (-0400)
  outfile error (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: paul jones
Subject: outfile error
Date: 14 Jul 2002 23:32:38
Message: <3d324256@news.povray.org>
I am haveing a bit of trouble with 3.5.

Whenever I render a scene, I must turn off file output with -F, otherwise
I get an error saying that pov cannot open an output file. This happens
even as root. Any ideas?

-paul

Post a reply to this message

From: Felix Wiemann
Subject: Re: outfile error
Date: 15 Jul 2002 08:37:09
Message: <3d32c1f4@news.povray.org>
paul jones wrote:

> Whenever I render a scene, I must turn off file output with -F, otherwise
> I get an error saying that pov cannot open an output file. This happens
> even as root. Any ideas?

File system mounted read-only?
Does the output directory exist?
--
Felix Wiemann

Post a reply to this message

From: Paul Jones
Date: 15 Jul 2002 11:10:22
Message: <3d32e5de$1@news.povray.org>
never mind..... stupid owner permissions were some how set wrong....

DOH!

-paul

--
Paul D. Jones