POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povbench Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  povbench (Message 4 to 13 of 23)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: povbench
Date: 11 Jun 2002 15:20:27
Message: <3D064D7B.10801@free.fr>
> I find gcc results "strange"... are you sure? It seems that gcc is getting
> worse and worse!

	Nope it's the opposite: "Running time in seconds" so the bench runs
faster with the last gcc.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ole Laursen
Date: 11 Jun 2002 15:29:39
Message: <87lm9laa25.fsf@bach.composers>
Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit> writes:
> Thomas Willhalm wrote:
>
> >                P-IV   Athlon
> > gcc 2.95.3    13354    7035
> > gcc 3.0.1     11319    6555
> > gcc 3.1        8971    5901
>
> I find gcc results "strange"... are you sure? It seems that gcc is getting
> worse and worse!

It was rendering time in seconds - and you probably want shorter
rendering times, right? :-)

I find it amusing that Intel's compiler is beaten by GCC on P4, while
the reverse is true on Athlon. They should call it the "Intel C Compiler
for AMD processors"...

--
Ole Laursen
http://sunsite.dk/olau/