POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : modeller for linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  modeller for linux (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: ganymed
Subject: modeller for linux
Date: 25 Aug 2002 23:40:04
Message: <3D69A432.3080907@gmx.net>
Mooray is said to be the most known and best modeller for povray
(windows). But how about linux? Which programs are available for it?
How can I model and export e.g. a Bicubic Patch Object with them?
thx

Post a reply to this message

> Mooray is said to be the most known and best modeller for povray
> (windows). But how about linux? Which programs are available for it?
> How can I model and export e.g. a Bicubic Patch Object with them?
> thx

http://www.equinox3d.com/
wich is free(the price, no sources) and the only I know of. But i didn't
search. or wine+spatch works fine too.

--
--      --      --      --      --      --      --
http://skarsnik.free.fr/settra/  (pour l'instant un peu vide)

Post a reply to this message

> Mooray is said to be the most known and best modeller for povray
> (windows). But how about linux? Which programs are available for it?
> How can I model and export e.g. a Bicubic Patch Object with them?
> thx

I haven't looked at it myself, but maybe http://www.minet.net/giram/ is
of some use to you.
Don't think it does bicubic patches, but I don't know for sure.

Rob

Post a reply to this message

>> Mooray is said to be the most known and best modeller for povray
>> (windows). But how about linux? Which programs are available for it?
>> How can I model and export e.g. a Bicubic Patch Object with them?
>> thx
>
> http://www.equinox3d.com/
> wich is free(the price, no sources) and the only I know of. But i didn't
> search. or wine+spatch works fine too.

 oops the only I know for bicubic patches. Or else, there are other
modelers for poly meshes, the first that comes to my mind is blender.
http://www.blender3d.com

--
--      --      --      --      --      --      --

From: ganymed
Date: 26 Aug 2002 09:47:42
Message: <3D6A329F.1060306@localdomain>
>  oops the only I know for bicubic patches. Or else, there are other
> modelers for poly meshes, the first that comes to my mind is blender.
> http://www.blender3d.com

And how can I export the objects to povray? If have added a e.g. a
nurbs-surface in a blender - scene. How can i use it in povray?

Post a reply to this message

From: Roz
Date: 26 Aug 2002 12:46:49
Message: <3D6A5BC0.2080901@netscape.net>
ganymed wrote:
>>  oops the only I know for bicubic patches. Or else, there are other
>> modelers for poly meshes, the first that comes to my mind is blender.
>> http://www.blender3d.com
>>

> And how can I export the objects to povray? If have added a e.g. a
> nurbs-surface in a blender - scene. How can i use it in povray?

Check out Jan Walter's Blender site at:

http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/

There's a bunch of Python based export scripts for various formats
including POV-Ray.

-Roz

Post a reply to this message

From: Jack Couilliard
Date: 26 Aug 2002 17:51:37
Message: <3d6aa2e9@news.povray.org>
By far the easiest and most powerful is Wings: www.wings3d.com (at least in
my opinion). It even has pov export feature (as a separate plugin), and is
being actively developed. There is a link to prebuild linux binaries
somewhere on the page as well.