POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.5 oddness with povray.ini Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 oddness with povray.ini (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: 3.5 oddness with povray.ini
Date: 5 Aug 2002 12:44:40
Message: <3D4EABE0.5050005@mac.com>
I finally got POV 3.5 to compile under Solaris 8 by doing a ./configure
--without-x, and then going to the src directory, and removing the
static instruction from the Makefile.  I edited myself a basic
povray.ini file, with library pointers to the appropriate places, and
rendered... once.

When I went to render a second time, I began getting error messages that
povray.ini could not be opened.

To check it, I edited it with vi, and it opened without difficulty.

Any idea what's gone wrong, and how to fix it?

Post a reply to this message

On 08/06/2002 02:46 AM, Dawn McKnight wrote:
> I finally got POV 3.5 to compile under Solaris 8 by doing a ./configure
> --without-x, and then going to the src directory, and removing the
> static instruction from the Makefile.  I edited myself a basic
> povray.ini file, with library pointers to the appropriate places, and
> rendered... once.
>
> When I went to render a second time, I began getting error messages that
> povray.ini could not be opened.
>
> To check it, I edited it with vi, and it opened without difficulty.
>
> Any idea what's gone wrong, and how to fix it?

I think you need to create a file ~/.povray.conf or
/usr/local/etc/povray.conf with the following lines:

[File I/O Security]
none

[Shellout Security]
allowed