POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Surface Evolver Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Surface Evolver (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: Surface Evolver
Date: 14 Feb 2002 03:25:06
Message: <3C6B76A9.101B491D@pobox.com>
I've just created a rather awkwardly large (4966 facets) soap-film in
Surface Evolver.  Does anyone happen to have on hand a Python script or
similar tool to turn it into a PoV mesh?

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/blog/blog.htm

Post a reply to this message

> I've just created a rather awkwardly large (4966 facets) soap-film
> in Surface Evolver.  Does anyone happen to have on hand a Python
> script or similar tool to turn it into a PoV mesh?

Finally got around to writing it myself.  Comments invited.
It works, but has no error-checking.
http://www.ogre.nu/source/evolpov.py

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/