POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New version of pov-mode available Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  New version of pov-mode available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Peter Toneby
Subject: New version of pov-mode available
Date: 11 Aug 2000 10:37:13
Message: <39940F99.241CCBF2@acc.umu.se>
I just put the latest and greatest version of pov-mode on
http://www.acc.umu.se/~woormie/povray, it's the one called beta.

I would like to get as much feedback as possible on it, because
I have done some major changes to it, so please read the changelog on
the site and try them all out. Also the recommended way to configure it
now is by using the configure possibilities in booth Emacs and XEmacs.

I will uppdate the installation instructions when I release it properly.

Some highlights:
  much better support for keyword expansion
  much better syntax highlighting, with povray having it's own faces.
  toolbar support
  ToC menu listing #declares and #locals, allowing for quick jumping.
  Everything that counts is customizable.

/Peter Toneby
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.