POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Fatal_stream to window Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Fatal_stream to window (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Fatal_stream to window
Date: 11 Aug 2000 17:13:46
Message: <39945E81.E0A535C5@peak.edu.ee>

> Who uses nedit here ?
> I did its syntax highlighting for POV in 15 minutes. There are still a
> few keywords to add, but it works amazingly well.

I only recently switched to NEdit. An excellent editor IMO. The pattern
recognition engine is very nice, I had complete syntax highlighting for official
POV just a few hours after downloading the editor, and adding any new (e.g.
MegaPOV) keywords will be a piece of cake.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

There is one thing though : Do you manage to stop a running render (via command
shell) with the CTRL+ hotkey ?
It may be a problem with the keyboard, because only the stop shell from the menu
works for me.

Fabien

> > Who uses nedit here ?
> > I did its syntax highlighting for POV in 15 minutes. There are still a
> > few keywords to add, but it works amazingly well.
> >

> I only recently switched to NEdit. An excellent editor IMO. The pattern
> recognition engine is very nice, I had complete syntax highlighting for official
> POV just a few hours after downloading the editor, and adding any new (e.g.
> MegaPOV) keywords will be a piece of cake.
>
> --
> Margus Ramst
>
> Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
> TAG (Team Assistance Group) e-mail: mar### [at] tagpovrayorg

Post a reply to this message

> There is one thing though : Do you manage to stop a running render (via command
> shell) with the CTRL+ hotkey ?

Nope, only from the menu. Same for starting. I haven't really bothered to look
into this yet.