POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : libpng-error Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  libpng-error (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Hartmut Wagener
Subject: libpng-error
Date: 20 Jun 2000 14:57:32
Message: <394fbe9c@news.povray.org>
Hi,

i am running linux with suse 6.2 and get the error when trying to exectue
the newest linux-version : undefined symbol crc32 in libpng...

Whats wrong, where to get libpng-files?

Hartmut

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Gordon
Subject: Re: libpng-error
Date: 20 Jun 2000 20:14:17
Message: <39500A9A.6CCD2B41@mailbag.com>
Hartmut Wagener wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am running linux with suse 6.2 and get the error when trying to exectue
> the newest linux-version : undefined symbol crc32 in libpng...
>
> Whats wrong, where to get libpng-files?

There seem to be some problems with POV-Ray and PNG files.  I'm assuming
POV-Ray is to blame, and I'm looking into the problems.  libpng's
homepage is http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html.  My experience is
that recompiling POV-Ray from the source code appears to solve the
problems.  That's not so much a full explanation as it is a suggested
workaround.  Sorry about the inconvenience.

-Mark Gordon