POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X-povray render diplay Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  X-povray render diplay (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: X-povray render diplay
Date: 11 Feb 2000 21:08:59
Message: <38A4C142.DE3274EF@peak.edu.ee>
I recently installed POV on Linux (Red Hat 6.1). Problem is, x-povray does not
create a preview window while rendering. If I force this with +d x-povray exits
with an error about being unable to initialize the display. Both POV and the X
server are running on the same machine, so -display <name> should not be needed.
Has anybody else had this problem or could recommend a solution? I'm a total
Linux newbie so the cause could be something silly...
Thanks

Margus

Post a reply to this message