POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PVMPOV--------Help!!!!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  PVMPOV--------Help!!!!!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ling Zhang
Subject: PVMPOV--------Help!!!!!!
Date: 15 Jun 1999 14:51:00
Message: <3766A03D.80CCB017@mencius.eng.wayne.edu>
I am a graduate student in Wayne State university here in detroit, usa.
i am trying to install a pvmpov on to our sun workstations and keep
getting errors, which made me quite frustrating for the recent several
days.
 so, i just wonder if you could give me some help.

My questions is:

1)to intall the pvm patch, i run the inst-pvm command to put the patch.
but, the system give me error messages like:

line 328 should start with a '+', ' ', '!'

then it just bailed out.

do you know what could be the problem?

2) I took a look at the patch file.
found out that the patch will compare the difference between the
original
povray3 source file and the pvmpov source file.
the problem is, there is not even a pvmpov3.1 directory came out from
the
pvmpov3.1.tgz file.
what could that be?

could you kindly give me some help?

i will really apprciate that.

thanks.

Ling

Post a reply to this message

I'am not sure, but I think, that PVM patch is for Linux version...
Has Linux the same patch utility as SUN? You can try to apply patch
on some Linux computer and then compile it on your SUN.

Disnel