POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : [SOFT] Eureka 2.12 Math Modeling Software Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  [SOFT] Eureka 2.12 Math Modeling Software (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: LE COAT Francois
Subject: [SOFT] Eureka 2.12 Math Modeling Software
Date: 31 May 1999 12:10:06
Message: <3752A755.9E0A92DA@ief.u-psud.fr>
Hello Everybody,

My Eureka program is available from my WEB page. It is a 2D graph
describer and a 3D modeller. It's designed to draw mathematical
shapes, and it now exports POV 3.1 scripts. This export has
a very peculiar POV syntax, because it exports the 3D geometric
formula of shapes, and POV draws it with its own mathematical
functions. It's not an enumeration of smooth triangle, and
thus the scripts are very compact. The goal would be to
extend mathematical shapes allowed in POV. Many examples
can be found on http://eureka.atari.org/vrml

This Eureka software has been writen on ATARI platform,
But it can be easily used on a PC via efficient emulation.
PC emulator is available at http://eureka.atari.org/demo_t2w.zip
Emulators for other platforms can be found in my links (MAGIC
is a good emulator for MAC, and STonX is a GPL emulator
for unix/X11/LINUX).

Eureka is given with a lot of 3D shape examples that
couldn't all be placed on my page. So discover it, and
let me know about shapes you could have made.

Enjoy !

Regards,

-- Francois LE COAT
WEB: http://eureka.atari.org