POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Makefile problem with 3.1e Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Makefile problem with 3.1e (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Peter Ruprecht
Subject: Makefile problem with 3.1e
Date: 28 May 1999 14:07:55
Message: <374ECD69.8DEDF9E9@jila.colorado.edu>
Hi,

I'm trying to compile POV-ray 3.1e on Digital UNIX 4.0D and Solaris
2.6.  libpng and zlib compile fine, but when I try "make newxwin" in the
source/unix directory, I get:

=> make newxwin
make: Fatal error in reader: makefile, line 1577: Macro assignment on
dependency line

for both DU and Solaris.

Has anyone seen this or know what might be causing it?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Ruprecht                  UNIX Distributed System Support
JILA, Room S220                 phone: (303) 492-8255
Campus Box 440                  fax: (303) 492-5235
University of Colorado          email: rup### [at] jilacoloradoedu
Boulder, CO 80309-0440          http://jilawww.colorado.edu/~ruprech

Post a reply to this message