POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Did you hear? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Did you hear? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: TonyB
Subject: Did you hear?
Date: 29 Apr 1999 08:48:26
Message: <372831FE.E95A830D@panama.phoenix.net>
RedHat announced version 6.0. (kernel 2.2). It costs from $39.95 to
$99.95. Check it out.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: Did you hear?
Date: 29 Apr 1999 12:21:04
Message: <37287914.709D2DFF@geocities.com>
TonyB wrote:

> RedHat announced version 6.0. (kernel 2.2). It costs from $39.95 to
> $99.95. Check it out.

Personally, I'm waiting for Cheapbytes to get their versions in-stock,
and then ordering there again (that's how I got 5.2)

http://www.cheapbytes.com/
5.2 was $1.99 + S&H.
I't much the same as d'loading all the RedHat stuff from their server
and burning your own CD, but less hassle, and it can be booted off of
for installation.

(BTW, for the impatient, slashdot had a link to someplace that is
burning custom 6.0 one-offs and sending them out now. Somewhere around
$4.00 each + S&H)

I just checked the Cheapbytes page, and they have new info up as of this
morning:

> The Low Cost Red Hat 6.0 CDs are coming!!! Order Now
>     i386/Intel Version $1.99
>     i386/Intel Version w/Archive CDs $6.99
>     Alpha Version $4.99
>     Sparc Version $4.99