POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : compile povary 3.1 ok, but cannot install Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  compile povary 3.1 ok, but cannot install (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Difkvol hadani
Subject: compile povary 3.1 ok, but cannot install
Date: 16 Mar 2002 21:58:32
Message: <3c940658$1@news.povray.org>
After I typed
make newxwin

it works OK,

But when I typed

make install

it did nothing, and report nothing:

[root@... unix]make install
[root@... unix](cursor here)

pwd:
/tmp/povray31/source/unix

Please help me

Thanks a lot.

Post a reply to this message

From: Difkvol hadani
Subject: Re: compile povary 3.1 ok, but cannot install
Date: 16 Mar 2002 22:40:34
Message: <3c941032$1@news.povray.org>
I've tried ./install in the root directory of povray.

it works ok.

But I still don't understand what "make install" (in source/unix directory)
did?

thank you.

"Difkvol hadani" <Dif### [at] dwomcom> wrote in message
> After I typed
> make newxwin
>
> it works OK,
>
> But when I typed
>
> make install
>
> it did nothing, and report nothing:
>
> [root@... unix]make install
> [root@... unix](cursor here)
>
> pwd:
> /tmp/povray31/source/unix
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks a lot.

Post a reply to this message

From: Peter Popov
Date: 17 Mar 2002 02:21:43
Message: <9hg89usrvqa8bgfdub39l2mihh2tro0839@4ax.com>
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:40:31 +0800, "Difkvol hadani"
<Dif### [at] dwomcom> wrote:

>I've tried ./install in the root directory of povray.
>it works ok.

Good for you, now you have POV on your Unix box :))

>But I still don't understand what "make install" (in source/unix directory)
>did?

You'd better not ask... you were not supposed to have done that. Now
They'll find out you're messed up with the super-duper secret code
and--

Better not go on, kids might be reading this.

What the heck, I'll tell you anyway. What make install does is read
all information about your computer and installed software, as well as
all computers you've ever used (somehow uses the CRT to perform a
retina scan and get the imprints off your optical nerve... no idea
how). The it sends the info back to Them so They could hack into these
computers and assimilate them for the Global Rendering Network.

Hope this helps. You really shouldn't have tried that. Get out of
there as soon as you c--

*BAM* *splat*

#NO CARRIER

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700