POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Sharing the X display Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Sharing the X display (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Sharing the X display
Date: 26 Aug 2001 17:42:07
Message: <okqhotoqk2a5lk2iltliljvjkrldiasn9o@4ax.com>
I have two machines running Linux. One of them is running X and the
other is not (it has it installed but I don't want to run it since I'm
testing a program I'm writing which is using svgalib). How do I go
about making a X application from one machine use the screen on the
other machine? I've set DISPLAY, of course, but it complains about
permissions. How do I set those?

The machine running X has Slackware Linux 8.0, XFree86 4.0.3 and KDE
2.1, if that's of any help.

Another issue I have is with ssh. I have sshd running on both machines
but I can only log on in one of them, the other is refusing the
connection (this is kinda annoying since I want to use CVS over ssh.)
What could be wrong?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg