POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Development in POV-Ray : Re: Development in POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jul 2024 21:02:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development in POV-Ray
From: Mr
Date: 22 Jan 2015 08:05:01
Message: <web.54c0f4685f3d04656ee70590@news.povray.org>
> Am 19.01.2015 um 16:45 schrieb bakom:
>
> > I am a beginner in POV-Ray. Is there any area which you want to suggest me to
> > start(by which I can enter in developers castle through C programming or using
> > three.js, a javascript 3D library ).
>
> POV-Ray is written in C++, so experience with that programming language
> is essential if you want to help develop POV-Ray.
>
> You also need to be familiar with POV-Ray to some degree.
>
> Based on your reply, maybe your expertise is actually more useful in
> developing utilities, rather than POV-Ray itself? From your web page, I
> gather you have done a bit of work on exporting from BRL-Cad to POV-Ray;
> such an exporter - and further work on it - might make for a valuable
> contribution to the POV-Ray ecosystem in its own right. As far as I
> know, there's no other free professional-grade solid-geometry CAD
> package with POV-Ray export out there yet.

Yes please! exporters need some love! With your background maybe you could make
good use of the communication dlls and real time mode to make BRLCAD much
modernised and show what POV is capable of.

Otherwise, if you prefer Blender, You're welcome to provide any  change to its
POV exporter, provided they don't break its existing functionality you can reach
me through here or Blenderartists.org which has a POV-Ray forum group