POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Development in POV-Ray : Re: Development in POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jul 2024 20:03:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development in POV-Ray
From: bakom
Date: 19 Jan 2015 10:50:01
Message: <web.54bd26815f3d0465efaaaa480@news.povray.org>
> Am 17.01.2015 um 19:53 schrieb bakom:
> As you are posting on the Unix newsgroup, I presume your development
> expertise is primarily with Unix systems.

Yes, I am a Unix user. :)

> We definitely do need someone to take care of the Unix-specific portions
> of the software, as at present the dev team is dominated by Windows
> jockeys, and while they can find their way around the Unix portion of
> the code if needs be, they don't have the time and energy to give it the
> love and attention it deserves.
>
> If you are also familiar with Unix build tools (be it automake or
> otherwise), then a major overhaul of the Unix build process would be a
> welcome contribution as well.
>
> If you're good at 3D maths, there would also be some ray-surface
> intersection tests and similar code requiring an overhaul (most notably
> the sphere sweep primitive).

No, I am new to it. Its interesting to hear about 3D maths :P.

> Trying to fix open bugs (we do have some of those) might also be a good
> way to start into POV-Ray development.

I am a beginner in POV-Ray. Is there any area which you want to suggest me to
start(by which I can enter in developers castle through C programming or using
three.js, a javascript 3D library ).

> Once you've familiarized yourself a bit with the POV-Ray code, there are
> certainly enough other tasks to keep you busy ;)

Thanks for guiding me in right way. Want to be busy with this great software. :)

Thanks
There is no taste in success without failure.
Gurwinder Singh Bains