POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling for CentOS 5.10 : Re: Compiling for CentOS 5.10 Server Time
26 Jul 2024 19:30:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling for CentOS 5.10
From: jhu
Date: 12 Feb 2014 02:05:01
Message: <web.52fb1c43abb12bb1d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:
> Doctor John wrote:
> > On 12/02/14 00:59, Excentp wrote:
> >>

> >> Forgive me if I don't know how to format the excerpt, I'm new here.
> >>

> > I don't have CentOS so I can't check this but have you tried:
> >
> > ./configure COMPILED_BY="Your Name <your.email>"
> > --with-boost-thread=boost_thread-mt LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread"
> >
> > John
>
> And try boost 1.53
> --
>
> Ger

Why are there so many issues with linking to boost? I've encountered them before
on some systems despite other systems running the same OS not having issues.
Just doesn't make any sense. My current issue (which I've only superficially
looked into) is a Debian system not being able to make static binaries while the
Ubuntu one can even though the Debian system has all the appropriate *.a
libraries.