POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray 3.13.21: inverting transparency maps bug Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Poseray 3.13.21: inverting transparency maps bug (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Poseray 3.13.21: inverting transparency maps bug
Date: 17 Jul 2014 03:48:18
Message: <53c77fc2$1@news.povray.org>
Possibly already present in earlier versions.

When using different transparency maps in different materials, there may
be the necessity to invert the maps for some and not for others.
However, checking the invert box in any material, checks it for *all*
other materials too.

Correct behaviour should be to restrict the check box to individual
materials.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

I am a bit confused though. It looks like the strange behaviour only
appears while running the program but that the correct settings are
saved/exported as they should be...

Windows version of Poseray, btw.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 7/17/2014 2:48 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Possibly already present in earlier versions.
>
> When using different transparency maps in different materials, there may
> be the necessity to invert the maps for some and not for others.
> However, checking the invert box in any material, checks it for *all*
> other materials too.
>
> Correct behaviour should be to restrict the check box to individual
> materials.
>
> Thomas

It was broken, badly. I uploaded an upgrade. Check the site for the new
archive.

https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/

later,

FlyerX