POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dynamic Clothes and Motion Files. - Passing on an insight. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:40:32 EDT (-0400)
  Dynamic Clothes and Motion Files. - Passing on an insight. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Stephen
Subject: Dynamic Clothes and Motion Files. - Passing on an insight.
Date: 6 Sep 2009 06:40:32
Message: <3c47a51rgdb4u6t0l5sc03ol3dsa5aarfg@4ax.com>
This might come as no surprise to most of you but I've just reinvented the
wheel. (Or so it seems :)

I've had a lot of problems getting my dynamic clothes to stay on the models when
I import BVH files. I've had to use insane values in the cloth room. Greater
than 200 calculations per frame, Collision Offset and Collision Depth less than
0.25. Even then the simulation was prone to blowing up.
So I looked at the resulting models after applying the BVH files. The generally
have a X, Y, Z offset from the origin. I set the model as a Parent of the cloth
and it carries it with it. The trick is to set the Hip as the parent not the
body as the BVH file applies the offsets to that. You can add additional manual
offsets to the body to position the figure.
Now I can use reasonable parameters and get better results.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message