POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Pov files into Blender Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:58:24 EDT (-0400)
  Pov files into Blender (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: An Ordinary Fox
Subject: Pov files into Blender
Date: 25 Jan 2022 20:00:00
Message: <web.61f09ca545068dc6b7c8869d4abc77d5@news.povray.org>
is there a way to import povray files into blender? cuz i'm having trouble to
importing it (sorry if it is a bit off topic)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: Pov files into Blender
Date: 26 Jan 2022 04:45:00
Message: <web.61f117fee45a879e16086ed06830a892@news.povray.org>
"An Ordinary Fox" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> is there a way to import povray files into blender? cuz i'm having trouble to
> importing it (sorry if it is a bit off topic)

No problem, yes, there is an importer ; just let me know what doesn't work.

The afore-mentioned icons and workspace tools /tooltips have been added too, if
you get one of the latest builds from here:
https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/

Post a reply to this message

> > is there a way to import povray files into blender? cuz i'm having trouble to
> > importing it (sorry if it is a bit off topic)
>
> No problem, yes, there is an importer ; just let me know what doesn't work.
>
> The afore-mentioned icons and workspace tools /tooltips have been added too, if
> you get one of the latest builds from here:
> https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/

Am I doing something wrong cuz any file that i import dosen't show up on
blender, is it normal or i'm doing something wrong?

Post a reply to this message

> > > is there a way to import povray files into blender? cuz i'm having trouble to
> > > importing it (sorry if it is a bit off topic)
> >
> > No problem, yes, there is an importer ; just let me know what doesn't work.
> >
> > The afore-mentioned icons and workspace tools /tooltips have been added too, if
> > you get one of the latest builds from here:
> > https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/
>
> Am I doing something wrong cuz any file that i import dosen't show up on
> blender, is it normal or i'm doing something wrong?

Oh! I just made a quick test and it's broken, indeed without any error message,
I have to investigate and will let you know when it's fixed, Thanks for the
report and sorry for the inconvenience.

Post a reply to this message

> > > No problem, yes, there is an importer ; just let me know what doesn't work.
> > >
> > > The afore-mentioned icons and workspace tools /tooltips have been added too, if
> > > you get one of the latest builds from here:
> > > https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong cuz any file that i import dosen't show up on
> > blender, is it normal or i'm doing something wrong?
>
> Oh! I just made a quick test and it's broken, indeed without any error message,
> I have to investigate and will let you know when it's fixed, Thanks for the
> report and sorry for the inconvenience.

Apparently I was a little too brutal in the first step of the - still
ongoing - refactoring, This is now fixed and should be made available in the
next highest numbered build downloadable from
https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/ by tomorrrow. Thanks again for the
report!

Post a reply to this message

> Apparently I was a little too brutal in the first step of the - still
> ongoing - refactoring, This is now fixed and should be made available in the
> next highest numbered build downloadable from
> https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/ by tomorrrow. Thanks again for the
> report!

Your welcome

Post a reply to this message