POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Pov files into Blender Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Pov files into Blender (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: An Ordinary Fox
Subject: Re: Pov files into Blender
Date: 3 Feb 2022 17:55:00
Message: <web.61fc5c7ce45a879e84c7064e4abc77d5@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> > "An Ordinary Fox" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > also what this error means:
> >
> > This supposedly means that the file you fed it is not UTF-8 (most standard
> > international text character set). if that file is available online can you
> > share / send it ?
>

> Never mind : I managed to generate a file that triggered the exact same error to
> validate my fix. It should again be available to you tomorrow in that same
> place. What the fix does is convert any input file to utf-8 by removing non
> utf-8 characters since these generally can't happen in language directive,
> rather in user declared names. Which shouldn't be a problem as the alteration
> should be quite similar almost everywhere, except when two names differ only by
> one different non uniode char in exactly the same place (like e.g. two
> accentuated similar words with different accents)
>
> Attached image shows morphine molecule from Avogadro pov output with deliberate
> trema accentuated a inside comment, resaved to non utf-8 (nordic) encoding.
>
> Can you try again to import the same file of your own previous attempts to
> confirm it at least no longer reports that error?

why it dosen't apear nothing for me, even the test files?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Date: 5 Feb 2022 09:50:00
Message: <web.61fe8d95e45a879e34c7846e6830a892@news.povray.org>
"An Ordinary Fox" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> why it dosen't apear nothing for me, even the test files?

Did you update your blender build (https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/)
?
or did you click the update addon button from preferences ?  (the latter is not
that tested, so maybe you encountered another bug there ? )

Did you try to feed the importer an avogadro output, these should work.

Post a reply to this message

> > why it dosen't apear nothing for me, even the test files?
>
> Did you update your blender build (https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/)
> ?
> or did you click the update addon button from preferences ?  (the latter is not
> that tested, so maybe you encountered another bug there ? )
>
> Did you try to feed the importer an avogadro output, these should work.
 what is an avogadro?

Post a reply to this message

> > > why it dosen't apear nothing for me, even the test files?
> >
> > Did you update your blender build (https://builder.blender.org/download/daily/)
> > ?
> > or did you click the update addon button from preferences ?  (the latter is not
> > that tested, so maybe you encountered another bug there ? )
> >
> > Did you try to feed the importer an avogadro output, these should work.
>  what is an avogadro?

Avogadro is an open source software for modeling molecules which can output them
to POV file