POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : POV workspace tools icons for Blender Server Time
19 Mar 2024 01:54:12 EDT (-0400)
  POV workspace tools icons for Blender (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mr
Subject: POV workspace tools icons for Blender
Date: 20 Jan 2022 23:15:00
Message: <web.61ea32b9fc751f9834c7846e6830a892@news.povray.org>
Hello, here are the new icons for the POV primitives inside Blender, can you
guess which is which ? (some will be nested as rolldowns inside others)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blenderpov-workspacetools.png' (34 KB)

Preview of image 'blenderpov-workspacetools.png'
blenderpov-workspacetools.png

> Hello, here are the new icons for the POV primitives inside Blender, can you
> guess which is which ? (some will be nested as rolldowns inside others)

Adding this one if it's up to the rest.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '' (24 KB)

Preview of image ''

> Hello, here are the new icons for the POV primitives inside Blender, can you
> guess which is which ? (some will be nested as rolldowns inside others)

For several I understand the meaning, but some are puzzling. Examples
(Rows from top to bottom, columns from right to left):

- column 1 / row 6 (infinite sign)
- column 2 / row 3
- column 4 / row 3 (compared to column 1 / row 1 : torus)

Maybe you could provide a list of meanings so we could make suggestions?
--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> > Hello, here are the new icons for the POV primitives inside Blender, can you
> > guess which is which ? (some will be nested as rolldowns inside others)
>
> For several I understand the meaning, but some are puzzling. Examples
> (Rows from top to bottom, columns from right to left):
>
> - column 1 / row 6 (infinite sign)
> - column 2 / row 3
> - column 4 / row 3 (compared to column 1 / row 1 : torus)
>
> Maybe you could provide a list of meanings so we could make suggestions?
> --
> Thomas

Thank you so much for the feedback !

Your remarks led me to make two modifications out of three, hoping it's better.
The other remark can't be taken into account without intended context because
both the roll down hierarchy and the mouse-over tooltip will supposedly further
disambiguate all categories and items. Here is the new version.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '' (36 KB)

Preview of image ''

>>> Hello, here are the new icons for the POV primitives inside Blender, can you
>>> guess which is which ? (some will be nested as rolldowns inside others)
>>
>> For several I understand the meaning, but some are puzzling. Examples
>> (Rows from top to bottom, columns from right to left):
>>
>> - column 1 / row 6 (infinite sign)
>> - column 2 / row 3
>> - column 4 / row 3 (compared to column 1 / row 1 : torus)
>>
>> Maybe you could provide a list of meanings so we could make suggestions?
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> Thank you so much for the feedback !
>
> Your remarks led me to make two modifications out of three, hoping it's better.
> The other remark can't be taken into account without intended context because
> both the roll down hierarchy and the mouse-over tooltip will supposedly further
> disambiguate all categories and items. Here is the new version.

Ok, yes; still a bit puzzling but I forgot about the mouse-over tooltip
which is always an important item whenever one goes into (un)charted
territories. :-)

--
Thomas