POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : using povray with openGL Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  using povray with openGL (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: using povray with openGL
Date: 19 Apr 2017 00:55:01
Message: <web.58f6ece2c5305a91883fb31c0@news.povray.org>
"Meher" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> ...In the paper, the rendering method is
> explained for openGL and when we asked our professor he told us to implement the
> method from the paper in openGL and then add global illumination using povray.
> So, now we're kind of stuck as we don't know how to do that.

Sounds like there's some confusion somewhere. You can render the scene in OpenGL
*OR* in POV-ray, but not both at the same time. In POV-ray, you would use
radiosity for that (along with a surrounding dome or sphere that has your
sky(?)image on it, to supply the 'global illumination')-- assuming that your
scene can be re-written in POV-ray's scene description language, as a first
step.