POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Blender Q&A Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  Blender Q&A (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Tomas Rapkauskas
Subject: Re: Blender Q&A
Date: 13 Mar 2014 09:34:06
Message: <5321B3C8.5040200@gmail.com>
Hi,
you can do in this way: Blender -> save as 3ds file.
A3dsViewer -> do export to the pov-ray.

Tomas

On 7/3/2014 9:40 AM, Unit Ball wrote:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>>> Question:
>>> how do we navigate in Blender?
>>>
>>> Answer:
>>> with Middle Mouse Button for view rotation(orbit) and zoom. Hold Shift key for
>>> panning.
>>
>> question:  who care for Blender in the povray SDL-writing community?
>>
>> answer: ... * howling wind * ...
>
> The only reason I don't do much anything on Povray these days (besides the lack
> of free time) is that it does not integrate well with a top notch 3d-program
> like Blender. I just can't get my self to make scenes using just code. I'm
> good at drawing and stuff and those skills are useless when typing code.
>
> I recently tried a great free modeler called Sculptris (it's amazing!) and
> importing some models in to Povray through PoseRay, it kind of worked but was
> just too slow and not enough.
>
> The ability to set the geometry of the whole scene completely in Blender and to
> use Povray code to embellish the scene (and for rendering) would be a dream come
> true. I'm certainly going to try the Povray exporter for Blender and maybe the
> Blend2Pov when I have the time.

Post a reply to this message

From: Tomas Rapkauskas
Date: 13 Mar 2014 09:34:17
Message: <5321b3d9$1@news.povray.org>

From: FractRacer
Date: 13 Mar 2014 14:36:40
Message: <5321fab8$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi,
> you can do in this way: Blender -> save as 3ds file.
> A3dsViewer -> do export to the pov-ray.
>
> Tomas

You can also use Wings3D, which handle import in 3ds format and export
in povray.

Lionel.

--
Do not judge my words, judge my actions.

---