POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Tomleaf.inc (parse error?) Server Time
2 May 2024 21:53:03 EDT (-0400)
  Tomleaf.inc (parse error?) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Shirim9
Subject: Tomleaf.inc (parse error?)
Date: 29 Mar 2005 03:35:00
Message: <web.4249121f2fd09e6b714b3ccd0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I just started to play around with Povray and got interested in the TomTree
macro. But, somehow i got into a compilation error at these few lines of
codes

object
{
 BODY
 water_level .4
 translate <-.06,-.395,0>
 scale <1.15,1.75,1.>

}

The error is Parse error:  Not matching } in 'object', water_level found
instead

To get around this problem, i simply commented these few lines of codes and
managed to compile it and got a really realistic tree!

But, just wondering did anyone encounter this problem and may have the
answers to solving this error?

Post a reply to this message

"Shirim9" <ngk### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I just started to play around with Povray and got interested in the
TomTree
> macro. But, somehow i got into a compilation error at these few lines of
> codes
>
> object
> {
>  BODY
>  water_level .4
>  translate <-.06,-.395,0>
>  scale <1.15,1.75,1.>
>
> }
>
> The error is Parse error:  Not matching } in 'object', water_level found
> instead
>
> To get around this problem, i simply commented these few lines of codes
and
> managed to compile it and got a really realistic tree!
>
> But, just wondering did anyone encounter this problem and may have the
> answers to solving this error?

I don't have tomtree, but i looks like it doesn't know what BODY is. judging
by the "water_level" keyword, it looks like it should be a heightfield.
That's about all I can guess.

Post a reply to this message