POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : MilkShape anyone ??? Server Time
2 May 2024 20:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  MilkShape anyone ??? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Burki
Subject: MilkShape anyone ???
Date: 11 Mar 2005 12:50:00
Message: <web.4231d9a39377a435d61e8c370@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm a newbie in raytracing, and one question really puzzles me:

Why does _nobody_ use the (Windows) program 'MilkShape' for making meshes ?

I never found it on ANY list of recommended modellers. But it easily exports
..inc files, got texture mapping and the only buggy is that it reverts the
Z-axis.

I think I'll try building meshes for my scenes with it for a while.

Or do you think I'm stupid - modeling with a program that intentionally was
designed for a computer game ?

The only other application I tried is JPatch (Java, as the J indicates).
It's a spline modeller, and the outcome is really good. Only the .inc
exports are really big and cost a lot of rendering time.

curios about any answer,
Burki

Post a reply to this message