POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Oosawa 4D Volume Viewer Server Time
19 Mar 2024 00:46:54 EDT (-0400)
  Oosawa 4D Volume Viewer (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stephen
Subject: Oosawa 4D Volume Viewer
Date: 16 Aug 2016 03:15:40
Message: <57b2bd9c$1@news.povray.org>
I found this utility for creating and viewing df3s. It uses OpenGl to
view it.
It can create df3s from pngs and mesh-ify df3s. It calls it Isosurface
and exports a mesh.
It was written with PovRay in mind and for medical use. So we are
talking animations. It creates df3s from one colour channel of a series
of images. So they can be separated.
All in all it is worth a look if you are working on df3s.

Not all is rosy, the help file is in Japanese but there is an English
document on the download site. The Iso-Mesh has a couple of problems. It
exports the decimal separator as · and has trailing commas in lists.
Easily fixed. (Latest Windows version.)

http://qcganime.web.fc2.com/OOSAWA/oosawaE.html#File

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I found this utility for creating and viewing df3s. It uses OpenGl to
> view it.
> It can create df3s from pngs and mesh-ify df3s. It calls it Isosurface
> and exports a mesh.
> It was written with PovRay in mind and for medical use. So we are
> talking animations. It creates df3s from one colour channel of a series
> of images. So they can be separated.
> All in all it is worth a look if you are working on df3s.

Hey!  This looks like fun.   I will give it a look in the near future.
The Dragon is looking much better - I like the colors.

Post a reply to this message

>> I found this utility for creating and viewing df3s. It uses OpenGl to
>> view it.
>> It can create df3s from pngs and mesh-ify df3s. It calls it Isosurface
>> and exports a mesh.
>> It was written with PovRay in mind and for medical use. So we are
>> talking animations. It creates df3s from one colour channel of a series
>> of images. So they can be separated.
>> All in all it is worth a look if you are working on df3s.
>
> Hey!  This looks like fun.   I will give it a look in the near future.
> The Dragon is looking much better - I like the colors.

The fun part is using a help file in Japanese. ;)
I've updated the last dragon image with a higher resolution df3.
I will write a "how to" when I work out how I created a colour map.
The program is quite intuitive but there are some things that are hidden.

--

Regards
     Stephen