POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Stand-alone cloth sim Server Time
2 May 2024 22:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  Stand-alone cloth sim (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: regdo
Subject: Stand-alone cloth sim
Date: 20 Jan 2005 14:27:18
Message: <41f00616$1@news.povray.org>
Hi to all.
Does anyone know of a cloth simulator that can be used *out* of an
unofficial version of pov ?
All the tools I find are in MegaPov or other variations ...

Post a reply to this message

From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Re: Stand-alone cloth sim
Date: 3 Feb 2005 21:44:24
Message: <4202e188$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure what you are asking about - MegaPOV is an unofficial version of
POV, do you mean a tool that can be used 'outside' of MegaPOV or POV, i.e.a
stand alone cloth sim?

I use Poser for this, then export the figures.  There's more clothing
available in Poser than in POVRay (whatever version).  Plus, it seems to be
somewhat easiert to pose and model the cloth just right, but then you'd
expect that, right?

        == John ==

"regdo" <reg### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> Hi to all.
> Does anyone know of a cloth simulator that can be used *out* of an
> unofficial version of pov ?
> All the tools I find are in MegaPov or other variations ...

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know of a cloth simulator that can be used *out* of an
> unofficial version of pov ?
> All the tools I find are in MegaPov or other variations ...

Take a look at:

http://jeberger.free.fr/cloth/cloth.html

Regards,
Derrick J

Post a reply to this message

>> Does anyone know of a cloth simulator that can be used *out* of an
>> unofficial version of pov ?
>> All the tools I find are in MegaPov or other variations ...
>

> Take a look at:
>
> http://jeberger.free.fr/cloth/cloth.html
>
> Regards,
> Derrick J

I should also have mentioned, the ouput .inc files have a Megapov
version statement like this:

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.6;

Just delete that line and render with the POV of your choice.

Regards,
Derrick J