POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D reconstruction from photos [free] : Re: 3D reconstruction from photos [free] Server Time
26 Jul 2024 19:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D reconstruction from photos [free]
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Jan 2020 20:45:01
Message: <web.5e0fee0ba265d44e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:

> Just in case anyone thinks, like I did. That you could use Meshroom to mesh-ify

> could not find it. At least I think that's why it crashed. Shame really.
>
> Stephen

Hmmm.   Good to know.  Hopefully they've fixed that, or there's a way to just
add the EXIF metadata to the renders.

But that's an excellent idea.  The lighting and exposure can be _perfect_ and
the camera orientations for all of the views can be run as an animation   :)

Kinda seems like the long way around, and you don't get any internal cavities -
but it would at least be doable.

Hope all is going well with you.   All the best to you and yours in 2020.