POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Cloth? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:51:58 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dayv
Subject: Cloth?
Date: 27 Jan 2004 22:04:26
Message: <401726ba$1@news.povray.org>
I've downloaded POV-Man and the ClothRay patch from
http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/index_en.html and it's great for making a
cloth to lay on something... draped over an object like a table cloth or a
picnic blanket or bed sheet or something... but I need to make a flag
hanging on a wall and can't find a way to get ClothRay to do that... there
is apparently a way to make hanging cloths with it, but the website is in
French and the English tutorials don't cover that.  Does anyone know how to
use clothray to do what I need or know of something else I might use?  I
tried creating something manualy but it looks too much like it's made of
cardboard rather than a cloth flag.

HELP!

Thanks,
Dayv

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:07:15 -0500, "Dayv" <onl### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> I've downloaded POV-Man and the ClothRay patch from
> http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/index_en.html and it's great for making a
> cloth to lay on something... draped over an object like a table cloth or a
> picnic blanket or bed sheet or something... but I need to make a flag
> hanging on a wall and can't find a way to get ClothRay to do that... there
> is apparently a way to make hanging cloths with it, but the website is in
> French and the English tutorials don't cover that.  Does anyone know how to
> use clothray to do what I need or know of something else I might use?  I
> tried creating something manualy but it looks too much like it's made of
> cardboard rather than a cloth flag.

Clothray is included in MegaPOV 1.0. If POV-Man is not requirement then try
MegaPOV. Several things were fixed in Clothray included in MegaPOV and sample
scenes with tutorials.

http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/tutorials.html

ABX

Post a reply to this message

I didn't realize that.. I'll check it out.  Thanks!!!!!!!

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:07:15 -0500, "Dayv" <onl### [at] earthlinknet>
wrote:
> > I've downloaded POV-Man and the ClothRay patch from
> > http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/index_en.html and it's great for making
> > cloth to lay on something... draped over an object like a table cloth or
> > picnic blanket or bed sheet or something... but I need to make a flag
> > hanging on a wall and can't find a way to get ClothRay to do that...
there
> > is apparently a way to make hanging cloths with it, but the website is
in
> > French and the English tutorials don't cover that.  Does anyone know how
> > use clothray to do what I need or know of something else I might use?  I
> > tried creating something manualy but it looks too much like it's made of
> > cardboard rather than a cloth flag.
>
> Clothray is included in MegaPOV 1.0. If POV-Man is not requirement then
try
> MegaPOV. Several things were fixed in Clothray included in MegaPOV and
sample
> scenes with tutorials.
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/manual/tutorials.html
>
> ABX

Post a reply to this message

Hmm.. That tutorial is the same one that was translated from French... about
draping the cloth on an object.  Does anyone know how to attach two of the
corners so it can hang?  I can duplicate the draped cloth over an object..
and I've played with the settings a little, though I don't really understand
what's happeing.  I need it to hang something like this:

http://tofbouf.free.fr/clothray/mpg/rideau2.mpg

Anythoughts?
Thanks!