POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Problem with Bicubic Patch Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with Bicubic Patch (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Eli Ewok Brody
Subject: Problem with Bicubic Patch
Date: 5 Jul 2001 09:29:32
Message: <3b446bbc@news.povray.org>
All --
    I'm sure this has been a problem before, perhaps even solved before. At
any rate, I am becoming desperate. sPatch objects (eg. Unions of bicubic
patches) do not support world xyz coords. This turns shading into a
nightmare. I've tried lots of combinations - not making it a union, merging
them, assigning textures individually... nothing works. It's possible to
make a triangle mesh out of it, but I have never been impressed by meshes,
and would rather use slightly more resolution independant objects. (The best
being Our Friend the Primitive.)
    What can I do? Is there some bug in POV-Ray? Is there something simple
I'm overlooking?
    And let me just mention that it is truly a pleasure looking through your
posts on the Images group.
    Thanks for your time.
    =Eli
http://I.am/Ewok