POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Media with POV 3.1 Server Time
19 May 2024 14:07:55 EDT (-0400)
  Media with POV 3.1 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jason Anderson
Subject: Media with POV 3.1
Date: 2 Aug 1998 01:49:36
Message: <35c3efe0.0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I'm still a bit shaky with POV, but one thing I haven't found in any of
the documentation is a good lesson on using Media to create realistic fog
and such....I thought you would modify "density" but POV doesn't seem do it
the way I thought it does...I'm creating a scene with a hollow sphere
instead of a sky sphere, since the help files do point out that atmoshpheric
media work better inside objects anyways. Specifically, I'd like to be able
to see the beam of a flashlight as it bounces around in the fog. Here's the
relevant part of my scene...could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

sphere { 0, 10000
  texture {
    Starfield2
     finish

      ambient .1
      diffuse 1
     }
  }
  hollow on
  interior

    ior 1
    fade_power 1.5
    fade_distance 40
    media {
      absorption .2
      scattering { 2 }
      density { planar }
     }
   }
}

thanks in advance,

Jason

Post a reply to this message

Included with pov 3.1 are several examples using media.
The files are named media1.pov media2.pov ect.
Check them out.

K.Tyler