POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Serious 3d mag Server Time
19 May 2024 13:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Serious 3d mag (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Guy Rauscher
Subject: Serious 3d mag
Date: 16 Apr 1998 05:21:15
Message: <3535CD8B.6FE2@netvision.net.il>
Hi,

I've recently come across the serious 3d magazine website
(http://www.serious3d.com) and asked them about covering Povray in their
magazine. This is not an ad but I was pretty impressed by what they seem
to have to offer and I would love to have them cover Povray as well.

Anyways, they said that they will try to contact the Pov team to get
their approval and meanwhilst they would like to get responses from
Povray users about their interest in the magazine. This is a quote from
a message they sent me regarding the scope of the magazine:

> We are more expensive than other magazines but when you think about it we are
> far less expensive. In fact, based on editorial content, we are 1/4 the cost
> of other 3D magazines. We have more than 3 times the editorial content of the
> other 3D magazines. That's a huge difference. I think most people really don't
> realize that they are paying for advertising in the other 3D magazines, where
> 70% of the magazine is ads! We only have 15% ads and a higher page count than
> any other 3D magazine!

The price for one year (6 issues) is $48 I think. Please write to them
at this address: mailto:CHA### [at] aolcom

I just want to make it clear that I have nothing to do with that
magazine, I would just like to see pov covered in a professional
magazine. This could be really productive for us Pov users.

Yours,

Guy