POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : sor Server Time
19 May 2024 13:32:47 EDT (-0400)
  sor (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ulf Carlsson
Subject: sor
Date: 6 Feb 1998 18:02:29
Message: <34DB9685.957F3729@seaside.se>
Hello.
I'm having problems with the sor object. I want it filled, not hollowed.
Sometimes it works and some times it doesn't work at all. Can someone
please tell me the correct way to close a sor, so it works correctly
with csg?
I haven't found any useful information in the manual on this topic, so
please don't just tell me RTFM.

This sor is for example _not_ closed and I can see that it's hollowed
when I use it with csg
 sor {
                        7,
                        <0,0>
                        <0.01,0.01>
                        <.6,1>
                        <.9,2>
                        <1,3>
                        <0,6>
                        sturm
                        translate <0,-2,0>
                        rotate -z*90
}
but this one is closed and workes fine with csg:

sor {
        12,
        <0,-.001>
        <4.5,0>
        <4.5,.5>
        <1.5,.6>
        <1,1.1>
        <0.5,2>
        <0.5,5>
        <1,7>
        <4.5,11>
        <5.5,15>
        <4,19>
        <0,19.01>
}

/Ulf Carlsson

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having problems with the sor object. I want it filled, not hollowed.
> Sometimes it works and some times it doesn't work at all. Can someone
> please tell me the correct way to close a sor, so it works correctly
> with csg?

Just by glancing at your code, I'm not sure why it doesn't work.  However, you
could use a lathe object instead.  Note that render time will likely be
increased, however.

-Nathan