POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : sweets Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  sweets (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: jr
Subject: sweets
Date: 9 Apr 2022 07:00:00
Message: <web.62516665b73d709d5834ab476cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

I recently discovered Mr Higo's wonderful all things POV-Ray site[*], and have
adapted one of his creations ("Sweets", 'lpntsphr.txt') as a macro:
  #macro HigoSweet(dict)

an example with code, meant to replicate TH's image, will be posted in p.b.i.

note that one of the shapes is quite different from TH's.  the original source
gave me many "degenerate" triangle warnings, which I quieted by adding a couple
of 'abs()' calls in .. likely looking places, obviously not quite the right ones
:-).  in addition, I added a "metallic" finish to his pigmentation (though the
texture can be disabled).

everything in the include (except macro name) is prefixed 'th_', for Tsutomu
Higo, the dictionary keys are documented in the file's header.

[*] <http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~nj2t-hg/ilpove.htm>

enjoy, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: