POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Stepped function offset Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:38:38 EDT (-0400)
  Stepped function offset (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Stepped function offset
Date: 20 Jan 2020 00:17:09
Message: <5e2537d5$1@news.povray.org>
I have created the attached scene.

It works well, except the pigment function needs to be offset at the
beginning and end of the gradients "CSolid_HSLSphere_Saturation" and
"CSolid_HSLSphere_Lightness". The end result is supposed to look like this:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HSLSphere.svg

Can someone clue me in on how to do this? Thanks.

Michael

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'csolid_hsl_sphere_show.pov.txt' (7 KB)

Ignore this thread, I will start a new one without the dependencies.

On 1/20/2020 12:17 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I have created the attached scene.
>
> It works well, except the pigment function needs to be offset at the
> beginning and end of the gradients "CSolid_HSLSphere_Saturation" and
> "CSolid_HSLSphere_Lightness". The end result is supposed to look like this:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HSLSphere.svg
>
> Can someone clue me in on how to do this? Thanks.
>

> Michael

Post a reply to this message

> It works well, except the pigment function needs to be offset at the
> beginning and end of the gradients "CSolid_HSLSphere_Saturation" and
> "CSolid_HSLSphere_Lightness". The end result is supposed to look like this:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HSLSphere.svg
>
> Can someone clue me in on how to do this? Thanks.
>

> Michael

This just looks like a 12-section radial pattern.
Make a color_map or pigment_map and start 1/2-way out of section 12, move along
normally, and you'll wind up ending 1/2-way through section 12.

Post a reply to this message

> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I have created the attached scene.
>>
>> It works well, except the pigment function needs to be offset at the
>> beginning and end of the gradients "CSolid_HSLSphere_Saturation" and
>> "CSolid_HSLSphere_Lightness". The end result is supposed to look like this:
>>
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:HSLSphere.svg
>>
>> Can someone clue me in on how to do this? Thanks.
>>

>> Michael
>
> This just looks like a 12-section radial pattern.
> Make a color_map or pigment_map and start 1/2-way out of section 12, move along
> normally, and you'll wind up ending 1/2-way through section 12.

Okay, but there are also 7 saturation steps, 7 lightness steps. So 12 x
7 x 7 sphere chunks total! That will take too much effort for the time
being.

Mike